ICO Analysis: NeuroChain (NCC)
NeuroChain is an augmented blockchain that combines artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning to radically improve the capabilities and performance of distributed systems. It is comprised of a chain of bots where AI and machine learning enrich the network. The bots installed on the decentralized network validate the transactions and communicate with each other in order to guarantee both security and transparency. The bots represent the nodes in the distributed system.
Due to the variety of algorithms, NeuroChain technology makes possible complex distributed applications (smart applications, traceability issues, social networks, CryptoValue, smart properties or trusted distributed platforms). The NeuroChain technology is based upon:
- A decision maker – A Chain of Bots
- A set of rules – the Decision Protocol (Proof of Involvement and Integrity & Proof of Workflow)
- A network and media – the Pragmatic Communication Channels (adaptive communication protocol) and Learning Ecosystem.
NeuroChain will be compatible with bitcoin, Ethereum and other blockchains with secured message passing. The NeuroChain software is designed to be supported by any platform (mobile, lab or IoT developed). The adaptive communication layer will ensure high resilience and performance of the protocol. NeuroChain’s focus is communication protocol, intelligent business applications, machine learning algorithms, architecture, and connectivity with other blockchains and other bots.
The ERC20 token created for NeuroChain is called Clausius (NCC). The price is 0.08 EUR with a market cap of 30,000,000 EUR. The circulating supply will be 395,000,000 NCC with a total supply of 4,374,000,000 NCC. The public sale will begin towards the end of March and end on April 15, 2018. The public sale will be divided into three segments – Discount Sale ending March 26, 2018, Attractive Sale ending April 9, 2018, and Haste Sale ending April 15, 2018. ETH is pegged at 502 euro for the NeuroChain ICO.
The token distribution is as follows:
- 15% Investors
- 3% Founding Team and Advisers
- 70% Elected Bots
- 3% Foundation
- 2% Seed Fund
- 7% NeuroChain Management (vested over 5 years)
NeuroChain has a large team comprised of 15 employees that come from leading universities in the U.S. and Europe. The team provides expertise in the fields necessary for the success of the project with experience in sales and marketing, distributed algorithms and consensus, distributed systems, cryptography, machine learning and neuronal networks. A couple of members of the executive team include Bruno Delahaye who is the CMO and a founding partner. He is currently Vice President for Dassault Systèmes. Guillaume Bailly is CFO at NeuroChain and former CFO at Havas Sports & Entertainment. They also list three advisers including Dr. John Rice, a senior research scientist at MIT.
NeuroChain is an extremely ambitious project, however, the team has quite the resume of expertise, leadership, and professionalism required for such a task. Even though the roadmap is longer than most ico’s, in which many over promise and under deliver, it appears necessary for an undertaking of this magnitude. If successful, this could be one of the next major advancements of the blockchain.
- The launch of the main net isn’t scheduled until March 2019. In other words, investors can expect a very long business cycle before NCC starts making waves. -2
- Only 15% of tokens are available for purchase. This means a lot of tokens will flood the market in some way, lesseningthe value by increasing the supply. Token n holders can therefore play a huge role in moving token value one way or the other. –1.5
- The team, similar to most ICOs today, has outside obligations that will detract from full attention to NeuroChain. In fact, it’s a bit concerning that so many people treat ICOs – which are full-fledged businesses – as side projects.-1
- NeuroChain has a large team with sufficient knowledge and experience capable in all aspects of developing and bringing the project successfully to market. That being said, we need to keep in mind of the team’s outside obligations and whether this will detract from the overall project. +4
- The project is developing new technology that could smart contracts with intelligent applications that can learn dynamically from operations. This is a potential game changer in blockchain and broader IT. +3.5
- NeuroChain management will be vested for five years, which translates to dedication to the long term. +3.5
Artificial intelligence and machine learning are a couple of the latest buzzwords many are using in cryptocurrency to garner interest in their projects. However, NeuroChain is actually using the two to create a more advanced blockchain. Investing in an ICO that isn’t promising quick implementation and instead is focusing on quality and the long run can be risky, but also possibly very rewarding. Will NeuroChain succeed and become one of the next big things in the cryptocurrency space? Only time will tell. NeuroChain receives a rating of 6.5 out of 10.
- Symbol: NCC
- Type: ERC20
- Price: 0.08 EUR
- Payments Accepted: BTC, ETH
- Hard cap: 30,000,000 EUR
- Circulating Supply: 395,000,000 NCC
- Total Supply: 4,374,000,000 NCC
- End of ICO: April 15th, 2018
For more information regarding NeuroChain: