ICO Analysis: FIC Network
FIC Network is a blockchain-based fixed income securities model that reduces costs, operational friction, and risks while improving auditing ability and transparency for the industry. It will allow users to list, buy, and sell any type of crypto or fiat fixed income financial instrument including loans, bonds, collateralized loan obligations, loan syndication, credit default swaps and futures. FIC Network will also allow companies to raise funding by issuing bonds denominated in crypto or fiat.
The FIC Network seeks to improve upon the existing traditional systems by boosting transparency, speed, asset liquidity and security, as well as reducing costs, operational friction and risks. The FIC network will cover every financial instrument in the fixed income space, starting with consumer and business loans, followed by bonds, structured products and other financial instruments. FIC Network will accommodate any type of currency, including cryptocurrencies, and financial instrument.The technology is scalable to the global fixed income and debt markets, which exceed $230 trillion USD.
The eFIC token is an ERC20 utility token that will be used to trade, list, and hold financial instruments on the platform. eFIC will also prevent network spam and denial of service attacks. eFIC tokens will later be converted to FIC tokens after the launch of their production-level FIC blockchain later in 2018.
The presale is currently ongoing through May 7, 2018, including a 30% bonus with a minimum investment of 10 ETH. The crowdsale starts May 7, 2018, and runs through May 15, 2018. The hard cap is $16 million USD with 316,500,000 eFIC tokens available for purchase at a price of $0.10 USD per token. All unsold eFIC tokens and unclaimed bonuses will be burned after completion of the public sale. FIC Network has partnered with Civic to be their KYC provider for the token sale.
The token distribution is as follows:
- 50% Token Sale 316,500,000 eFIC
- 30% Reserves (locked) 160,000,000 eFIC
- 20% Team (locked) 156,500,000 eFIC
The FIC Network team consist of experienced executives, blockchain developers and experts in startups, marketing and investments. Their website lists a core team of nine members and eight advisers. Arturs Ivanovs is Founder & CEO of FIC Network as well as an adviser to Turing Funds, the first mainstream exchange-traded fund of cryptocurrencies. Aigars Staks is Co-founder & Senior FIC Network Architecture Adviser who brings valuable experience from working with companies such as Microsoft and PwC.
Advises include Matiss Ansviesulis, who is the Founder and CEO of Creamfinance, which according to Inc. magazine, was the fastest-growing fintech company in 2016. Jon Chou is the Co-founder & CEO of Bee Token as well as an advisor to Solve.Care.
Combining the crypto and fiat fixed income market will help make the future crypto market mainstream and sustainable. Existing crypto tokens are operating as currencies or utilities without a fixed-income offering. A crypto and fiat fixed income market can sustainably drive the crypto market into mainstream usage better than the conventionally fixed income market. FIC’s blockchain-based platform will allow users to list, buy and sell any type of crypto or fiat fixed financial instruments avoiding the drawbacks of conventionally fixed income markets such as friction, lack of liquidity, lack of interoperability, asymmetry of information and operational risks. A multi-currency asset agnostic system with a built-in exchange allows users to operate in currencies of their preference, thus eliminating exposure to exchange rate risk and simplifies accounting.
- The FIC Network and app aren’t scheduled to be launched until Q4 2018. While Q4 isn’t too far in the future, many ICOs have over-promised and under-delivered when it comes to their roadmap progress after ICO completion. -1
- As with many ICOs, the majority of the team has outside obligations which result in time being spent elsewhere and not 100% focused on the success of the project. -1
- Regulations for cryptocurrencies are still undetermined and the outcome on how they will affect ICOs’ dealing with securities, such as FIC Network, is unknown. –1
- FIC Network has an MVP – distributed app (dApp) eDepository, which has already been developed and deployed on their Test Network. It allows publishing and managing assets on the blockchain network. +3
- The team has the right mixture of talent and experience to bring this project to fruition as well as multiple advisers and venture capital backing. +3
- Token metrics are an extremely important aspect that investors research to determine if an ICO is worthy of investment. A fairly low hard cap of $16 million USD, 50% of tokens being sold during the token sale, and a fixed supply are considered positives. +3
With the uncertainty of this market, some investors may choose to remain on the sidelines. However, with the profit potential in this incredibly large market, those that take the plunge could end up with excellent returns if all goes according to plan. FIC Network receives a rating of 6 out of 10.
- Symbol: eFIC
- Platform: Ethereum
- Presale: Current – May 7, 2018 (30% Bonus, min investment 10 ETH)
- Crowdsale Date: May 7, 2018 – May 15, 2018
- Hard Cap: $16M USD
- Token Price: $0.10 USD
- Tokens for Sale: 316,500,000 eFIC
- Payments Accepted: ETH
For more information regarding FIC Network: