ICO Analysis: BrikBit
BrikBit is an ecosystem, based on the LISK blockchain, that develops and manages entire operations for the Real Estate Industry. Any Real Estate project in the world that wants to use blockchain for fund collection, design, creation and management, will be able create their own blockchain (as a BrikBit sidechain) with their own rules and features, according to the country and legislation of the project itself.
Shareholders involved in the Real Estate projects will be able to use the ecosystem to “automate, disintermediate and make more transparent both typical and implicit processes during all steps of a Real Estate enterprise.”
Several problems exist within the current Real Estate Industry which BrikBit offers the solution:
- Real Estate data is not precise and universal. With BrikBit, whoever buys a digital share of an asset, can buy something with a history and unique data recorded on a blockchain.
- There’s an illiquidity of value of RE properties. BrikBit offers the possibility to divide in digital shares a real estate asset, allowing people to own or sell a small portion of a property.
- It’s difficult to raise funds and to easily access real estate developments. The BrikBit ecosystem allows investors to buy shares of property anywhere in the world. They are no longer restricted to certain areas.
- There is a lack of transparency everywhere. Now, transactions within Real Estate development and in managing operations during construction and the life cycle of a building, will all be recorded permanently on the blockchain.
REDA: An acronym for Real Estate Digital Asset, represents the interface between the blockchain platform and the real building. It is a building avatar, created through the BrikBit platform, that summarizes all necessary information of a real building: structure, design, materials, plants, services. All this information will be organized through a dedicated protocol to manage each property. The protocol determines the partitions of a building, allowing users to optimize value exchange.
REDA will also be a customized token linked to each specific project, with its own property and rules costumed to each countries jurisdiction.
A cool feature is the BrikBit Social Professional Network. This is a meeting point for operators, investors, professionals and brokers who want to join forces and create round-tables to start potential cooperation. Members of the network must pay for access, which enables them to interact with BrikBit developers team to develop/implement the BrikBit ecosystem.
BRIK is a utility token with several use cases. Its features:
- It allows access to future services on the platform.
- It is necessary to implement REDA and REDApps .
- Consultant services on the Social Professional Network.
- Purchase function with wallet, like Registration of Delegate, Voting, 2nd Security passphrase.
- Used for the maintenance of the DPoS consensus method for block validation
- Pay transaction fees and information exchange.
A second token, REDA, is a security token: “The BrikBit Digital Shares platform will allow the creation of REDA, each uniquely representative of a Real Estate project. Each REDA project will have a dedicated, univocal and transferable REDA Token.”
Distribution of BRIK:
- 75% crowdsale
- 8% Founder and seed wallet
- 6% Technical Bounty
- 5% Marketing Bounty
- 3% Advisors and team
- 3% Community expansion
Allocation of Funds:
- 15% Admin and legal advisory
- 20% Marketing and community
- 40% Development
- 5% IT structure
- 20% Teams
From Italy, 12 team members are listed.
Paolo Lettieri – Co-Founder/CEO. Managing Partner for the last 9 years at UPA (Urbanism Planning Architecture), a giant international architecture firm based in Milano (Italy), Abu Dhabi (UAE), and Baghdad (Iraq).
Alex Dell’Orto – Co-Founder/CTO. 10 years as Senior Architect at Laboratorio 51 srl. Chairman of the Internation Blockchain Real Estate Association.
Stefano Prosdocimo – Co-Founder/CISO. Many years experience as H&S Manager for Sematic Italia and Autostrade per L’italia s.p.a.
Federico Riva – Head of Web Development. Owner of K30 Creative Studios for the last 7 years. 4 years Digital Art Director and Strat at Lorena Antoniazzi. Knitwear.
There are 7 advisors listed, 4 of those are in head positions at FIBREE (Foundation for International Blockchain and Real Estate Expertise), alongside Alex Dell’Orto.
BrikBit is working to create an Ecosystem where Real Estate Assets can be exchanged as Digital Shares. If they can deal with regulations, their protocol could eventually be used world wide. Right now though, only countries where a real estate blockchain based registry is under development will be able to participate. Countries such as Georgia, Sweden, Estonia, Ukraina, Honduras, Bermuda, Japan, India, Ghana, and Dubai Emirate (UAE).
- Although BRIK is a utility token, exchanges may label it security and stay away from listing it. -1
- Despite speaking at several blockchain conferences since 2016, no partnerships have officially formed. When asked about this they said, “After a few successful International events and presentations, we are currently speaking to many big names within the Financial, Legal and Engineering worlds to study every aspect of the ecosystem.We will communicate every official new partnership as they become official.”-1
- Regulations. They are Swiss-based and comply with the local authority FINMA. They have legal advisors to help once BrikBit starts entering other jurisdictions, but this won’t be easy. The framework to link property rights and digital shares will be challenging..-1
- Unsold tokens will be stored and used for testing, for future operations, and for resources for the first Real Estate pilot project. This means lots of token dumpage coming down the road. -2
- There is an insane amount of inflation created to reward the block producers. -2
- Strong team +3
- First mover advantage. +2
- This isn’t just a platform, it’s a protocol that could eventually allow countries everywhere to run their own custom blockchain. +3
- The team is out there on the conference circuit. Founder Alex Dell-Orto presented BrikBit in 2016 at the 1st IBREA (International Blockchain Real Estate Association) conference in Los Angeles. +1
- Answering questions in Telegram, the team said, “We believe it will take 6/12 months to spread BrikBit adoptions to a core base of operators and corporations. However, to answer your first question (becoming the preferred method), timeframe realistically will be years, since we intend BrikBit to become the standard of the industry in the next few years.”+2
- The whitepaper and roadmap are well thought out and professional. +2
BrikBit has first mover advantage in an industry with unlimited growth. However, their token metrics, lack of hype,and the state of the crypto market as a whole makes participating in this token sale extremely risky. Chances are BRIK will be much cheaper after it hits exchanges. 6/10
- Symbol: BRIK
- Platform: LISK
- Total Supply: 100 million
- Crowdsale: 75 million tokens available. (Starts Nov 29th)
- Price: 2,000 BRIK = 1 ETH.
- Hardcap: 24,000 ETH
- Softcap: 3,000 ETH
- Website: https://brikbit.io/
- Whitelist: (KYC by Nov 25th to get a 15% bonus) https://whitelist.brikbit.io/
- Telegram: https://t.me/BrikBit
- Jurisdictions Barred: USA and China
Unsold tokens will be used for future operations and resources.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.