ICO Analysis: BolttCoin
Physical activity plays a very important role in our health and fitness. Most people know this but do little about it because of our busy lifestyles or lack of motivation. BolttCoin is aiming to change this by building a platform to reward you for taking steps to better health and fitness. Boltt is already an established company founded in 2015 and has become a leading mobile health tech company in the area of gamified health applications and wearable technology. Boltt has won many top awards including the category of wearable technology 2017 Frost & Sullivan Companies to Action Award.
The launching of the gamified fitness platform BolttCoin allows users to mine BOLTT tokens from walking and verified by “Proof of Steps”. BOLTT tokens are utility tokens that can be traded, used to make purchases on a large partnership ecosystem, and can be used by companies to link to their existing loyalty programs. Health insurance companies can even use BOLTT in the form of discounts for their policyholders.
There are many potential use cases for companies, brands, celebrities, etc. such as encouraging more engagement, creating loyalty, and promoting better health for employees/followers. One example is the platform has an open API enabling anyone to organize customized tournaments or challenges that can be used by brands, retailers or celebrities to have more engagement with their customers and followers.
BolttCoin makes use of dual blockchain technology based on Waves and Ethereum blockchain protocol to record the individual health records, marketplace, exchange, and wallet transactions. In addition, it utilizes several other technologies to develop the mobile app, business logic and admin backbends ensuring the speed, security and mass adoption. It also provides APIs for other systems based on Waves protocol to easily communicate with the BolttCoin ecosystem.
The core components are listed below:
- Boltt health reward engine: Earn/mine Boltt tokens with steps and personal health achievements.
- Boltt engagement and gamification: Challenges, tournaments, and games from sponsored brands, celebrities and corporates to reward participants. In addition, it enables merchants to create loyalty programs on the Boltt platform.
- Boltt decentralized marketplace: Product listings and sales as well as offline shops, insurance benefits, utility bill payments, entertainment bookings and more.
- Boltt identity management and health ID: Digital identity for individual users. One global health ID on the Blockchain that provides a higher level of security and privacy and available on demand.
- Boltt crypto wallet: Hold fiat or multiple cryptocurrencies, multiple top up and cash out options, money transfer, bill payments and a decentralized exchange.
BOLTT is a utility token that can easily be mined by simply taking daily steps. Download the BolttCoin App, take the steps and mine the currency. BOLTT tokens can then be used to purchase different goods and services across the In-App Boltt shop.
BolttCoin will be one of the first cryptocurrencies to be simultaneously issued on the Waves platform and the Ethereum platform. Boltt tokens will be interchangeable from one blockchain to another using technology comprised of a web interface, locked wallets and smart contracts on the Ethereum side. Dual blockchain provides stability and flexibility, and BolttCoin holders will be able to use the advantages of both platforms.
The private sale began May 20, 2018 and will run till June 10, 2018. During the private sale there are FOUR different bonuses available: 20% for contributions between 0.1-100 ETH, 30% for contributions between 100-500 ETH, 40% for contributions between 500-1500 ETH, 50% for contributions above 1500 ETH. An additional 5% bonus will be given to white-listed members during the private sale. The pre-sale will begin immediately after the private sale ends. During the pre-sale, there will be FOUR different bonuses available: 10% for contributions between 0.1-100 ETH, 15% for contributions between 100-500 ETH, 20% for contributions between 500-1500 ETH, 25% for contributions above 1500 ETH. The public sale is scheduled for Aug 1, 2018 – Aug 30, 2018, in which there isn’t a bonus or minimum investment amount. All unsold tokens during pre-I CO and ICO rounds will be automatically burned.
The token distribution is as follows:
- 59% Crowd Sale
- 9% Founding Team (Locked for 1 year)
- 7% Strategic Partners
- 6% Advisory Board
- 6% Bonus
- 5% Steps Mining
- 5% Corporate Issuance
- 3% Bounty Program
The token sale allocation is provided below:
- 28% Technology & Blockchain
- 17% Operations & Legal
- 16% Global Expansion & Collaboration
- 15% Business Development
- 12% Marketing
- 12% Reserves
According to the BolttCoin website, the team has 36 members on board, which includes blockchain developers, data scientists, mobile ops, backend/frontend developers, marketing experts, platform engineers and operations professionals. They list six executive team members along with their LinkedIn links:
Arnav Kishore – CEO and Co-Founder
- CEO – Boltt Sports Technologies
- Former Co-Founder & CEO – Globalite
Sahil Goel – Chief Product Strategy and Co-Founder
- CEO – Kraftly
- CEO & Co-Founder – Bigfoot Retail Solutions
- CEO & Co-Founder – KartRocket
Rajesh Bhatia – Financial Advisor and Co-Founder
- Former CEO – JSPL
Gurdeep Singh – Director Strategic Alliances and Co-Founder
- Member Board of Directors – Hometech Smartvalue
- CEO – Reliance Communications
- Former COO – Aircel
Lalit Kishore – Chief Strategy Officer and Co-Founder
- Former President & Partner – SSIPL Lifestyle
Aayushi Jugasia – Co-Founder
- CMO & Co-Founder – Boltt Sports Technologies
- Founder – Globalite
They also list a legion of all-star advisers, such as:
- Sally Eaves: Sr Adviser for Executive and Technology Team
- Ian Scarffe: Chief Investment Adviser who played a role in helping several multi-million-dollar ICOs
- Simon Cocking: Chief Strategy and Public Relations Adviser; Co-Founder & Senior Editor – Irish Tech News; Editor in Chief – CryptoCoinNews; currently ranked #1 / 18,000 “People of Blockchain”
- Warren Whitlock; Blockchain Expert & Social Influencer; ranked #27 100 Most Influential Blockchain People in the World; CEO and Founder – Ochen Publishing; Author of Twitter Revolution
- Jennifer Grayson; Healthcare & AI Expert; named 1 of 8 top Women in Crypto; CEO – Powered by NeurealSM
This is a multi-billion dollar industry with millions of people using wearable health tracking devices and mobile apps. Earning Boltt tokens to do so should be enticing to many which could translate to great success for BolttCoin. Adding gamification, a decentralized marketplace, identity management and a crypto wallet, BolttCoin is an intriguing blockchain project with tremendous upside.
- Major companies with immense resources, such as Fitbit, are sure to implement blockchain technology in the future and compete directly with BolttCoin. -1.5
- The team mainly comes from the same company, Boltt, and currently doesn’t possess an all-star member in the cryptocurrency space. -0.5
- Investors prefer to see lockup periods for ICO team members and advisers, which gives the perception of long-term commitment. However, there is no lockup period mentioned for tokens allocated to the BolttCoin team and advisers. -0.5
- BolttCoin has tied up with several large and well-known partners that, in their essence, are some of the world’s most significant corporate entities. +4
- The amount of hype and awareness surrounding an ICO does have an impact on their initial success or failure. BolttCoin is succeeding in this area with multiple high rankings online as well as large Telegram, Facebook and Twitter numbers. +3.5
- Tracking health and fitness via wearables and mobile apps is a business model in which Boltt has already found success in and should improve upon with BolttCoin. +2.5
An existing company that has already had success in the area in which it is transferring to the blockchain starts with a major headstart over competitors who are starting from scratch. Boltt aims to add their large active user base to BolttCoin which would translate to instant implementation, adoption and success. Also, with the trend of more and more people looking for ways to improve their health, BolttCoin is poised to capitalize on this massive market. As such, the project receives a rating of 7.5 out of 10.
- Symbol: BOLTT
- Type: Utility
- Protocol: Waves & Ethereum
- Price: 1 BOLTT = 0.00025 ETH
- Hard Cap: 25,000 ETH
- Total Supply: 170 Million BOLTT
- Payments Accepted: BTC, ETH, USD, EUR
- Private Sale: May 20, 2018 – June 10, 2018
- Pre Sale: June 11, 2018 – July 20, 2018
- Public Sale: Aug 1, 2018 – Aug 30, 2018
For more information regarding Boltt: