ICO Analysis: MFChain
MFChain is in essence an entire digital economy with a vision towards creating an infrastructure within the blockchain community which is supportive of all cryptocurrencies. This ecosystem will enable seamless transactions and development to take place and facilitate an entire support network to grow around the future of the MFMainnet.
Beginning with a payments processing and rewards solution, the project will quickly expand with the launch of a variety of cross-chain features including a multi-currency ICO platform, and multi-language smart contract programming within the all encompassing ecosystem. This is ultimately focused on bringing the entire blockchain community of developers, merchants and consumers together in one central and flexible hub.
Empowering Rewards System
One of the major features of the platform which will be implemented initially is the unique rewards system. This will incentivize not only consumers, but also merchants with rebates of up to 1% available for both parties as well as the freedom and flexibility to accept multiple crypto currencies securely. All of which can be done through any Android or iOS powered mobile device which merchants can use as a POS system.
This will be the first of many innovative features to be launched within the ecosystem which will later incorporate attractive benefits for developers, ICO teams, and entrepreneurs alike.
The native token of the platform will be the MFX token. This is an ERC223 token and will be the main token on the platform although the entire principle of the ecosystem is to allow freedom and acceptance of multiple currencies. MFX will be the token which is rebated to both merchants and consumers in the rewards program. This will essentially increase the flow of the token throughout all of the platform processes over time.
There will be a total maximum supply of 521,000,000 MFX tokens with an initial circulating supply of 306,000,000. 57% of the total tokens will be made available during the ICO period. The rest of the tokens will be allocated as follows:
- Merchant Incentive Program: 15%
- Developers & Advisors : 8%
- Airdrops: 1%
A final 19% of tokens will be locked for future developments. These will be released in two blocks at times to be confirmed during Q2 of 2019 and 2020 respectively.
Developer and Advisor tokens will be subject to vesting and periodically released for a period of 12 months following the ICO.
The ERC233 MFX tokens will be converted to MFF tokens upon the mainnet release which is currently scheduled to occur in Q3 of 2019.
Craig Neil (CEO)
He describes himself as a serial entrepreneur and has indeed headed up a variety of projects both in the blockchain sector, and also in finance and advertising. Neil also possesses an extensive engineering background having spent almost 5 years as a full stack engineer at Lenders Direct Capital prior to focusing on his own business endeavors.
Jayson Rellis (President)
Rellis is an ICO investor and strategist with a number of significant roles in other projects, such as his partner position at Komorebi Alliance. Prior to his passion for the blockchain, he headed up regional operations at Verizon Wireless where he was employed for more than a decade. He is also a contributing writer for HackerNoon.
Brian Rankin (VP of Banking Integration)
He has interests as an advisor or director for a number of other projects including SigFig, although his most captivating experience noted within the blockchain sector comes from his time as VP for client services at Ripple where he oversaw a number of banking related developments.
The project have a total of five advisors currently on board. These members are covering a number of areas including marketing, PR, and technical matters. Among these is prolific project advisor Bogdan Fiedur, a blockchain expert whose skills are widely employed and who features on the ICOBench list of experts.
Partnerships are a vital aspect within the MFChain project, given the amount of integration with payment processors and networks which is required. The latest partnership which they have struck is with Zagg Protocol. This is in addition to existing partnerships with:
- Komorebi Alliance
- Chosen Payments
- Identity Mind
These key partnerships ensure a progressive path for the project with more to be developed as the project continues to progress.
Below is a breakdown of the risks and growth potential of MFChain.
- The strong competition both within and outside the blockchain which exists in a variety of the markets MFChain is targeting is concerning. These include the likes of Dash, UTrust, and Stack. (-0.5)
- The broad focus of the project into a number of markets may cause them to lose focus and also leaves them vulnerable as a new project in a variety of areas. (-0.5)
- MFChain’s core team, whilst having diverse experiences, have nothing which stands out as highly suited to running this type of proposed multi-million dollar platform, with the exception of their VPs experience at Ripple. (-1)
- Full release of the core teams vested tokens will be completed by Q2 of 2019 according to the whitepaper, with full mainnet launch not scheduled until Q3 of 2019. (-2)
- The global payments market alone is heading towards a $1 trillion value. This represents a huge market with almost unlimited potential for growth. (+2)
- Moving toward a blockchain based and cashless society, we would expect to see a big migration toward blockchain based ecosystems such as MFChain. (+2)
- The broad focus of the project is also positive in the sense of flexibility and scalability. Two very important factors among blockchain based projects. (+2)
- The project have maintained a strong and steady following throughout all media channels. This is indicative of the potential and positive sentiment which the community feels toward MFChain. (+3)
MFChain has harnessed the fundamental principles of blockchain to provide an ecosystem which is both rewarding and flexible throughout. As the community strives to find ways to promote everyday use of cryptocurrencies, the introduction of a system which can perform all of its functions in a cross-platform manner, is an exciting prospect.
Although the project team still have a lot of major steps to complete in order to bring MFChain to market, premium among these being to establish more key partnerships, the market is large enough and increasing constantly in size for them to position themselves strongly within if they can continue the current momentum.
MFChain receives a 5/10.
- Type: ERC233
- Symbol: MFX
- Platform: Ethereum prior to Mainnet (2019 Q3)
- Crowdsale: October 15th – December 15
- Minimum Investment: 0.1ETH
- Price: 1ETH = 8,500 MFX
- Hard Cap: 33,000ETH or $17,000,000 equivalent
- Payments Accepted: ETH
- Restricted from Participating: USA
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.