10 EOS Block Producer Candidates to Keep Your Eye On
The EOS main-net is due for launch June 2, 2018 at 03:00 PM PDT. However, it will not be considered valid and activated until at least 15% of all issued tokens have staked a vote. The problem right now is there is no simple way to vote, and there is over 180 different projects to choose from. We at Hacked felt it’s our duty to educate readers on how to vote, and we provided 10 candidates you may want to vote for. These 10 are probably not the absolute 10 strongest out of the 180, but they are close.
The world’s largest free, open-source, decentralized social network for the new generation.
This is everything Facebook isn’t. ONO is committed to reimagining the value of attention and is dedicated to creating an environment of freedom equality, social co-governance and diversity.
We understand how to create authentic environments that nurture the social aspect of human beings on a deeper level than what is currently available on the market.
Based in Beijing China, is already fully-functioning with over 200,000 beta users, and 40+ employees. Led by a guru named Ke Xu who graduated college at 19 and created several successful projects in China. Ke has a very good reputation in EOS BP circles. eosONO and INBlockchain (the biggest crypto investment group in China). That’s her in the front row with her thumbs pointed out.
ONO International Edition will be launched in early June, when a massive number of users will join and be introduced to EOS and crypto for the first time. Those users are going to use a lot of EOS bandwidth which ONO will have to pay for. ONO will provide advice, assistance, and support for the development of the dApp ecosystem within EOS.
- Website: https://www.ono.chat
- Telegram: https://t.me/ONOCN
- Details: https://steemit.com/eos/@onosocial/eosono-official-eos-block-producer-candidacy-for-ono
Liquid EOS is Bancor (the #74 ranked coin on Coinmarketcap).
“Bancor builds open-source technologies that facilitate fair and automated conversions between blockchain-based tokens. As the largest decentralized solution for token conversions on the Ethereum blockchain, Bancor has gained invaluable experience scaling a high-volume decentralized network, and we are eager to contribute our expertise and resources as an EOS Block Producer to promote the increasing adoption of blockchain technologies.”
It is already partnered with and used by EOS. Now they want to produce blocks for the EOS community. Liquid will bring tons of value to the community including:
- Creating a bridge for its network of 80+ ERC20tonkens to EOS.
- Fighting trade manipulation.
- Giving dapps a mechanism to endow their tokens with automated convertibility to any currency. Increasing the adoption and usability of EOS-based projects.
- From community currency pilots in Kenya to universal basic income tokens, Bancor is committed to empowering socially-driven projects through economic innovation on the blockchain, with multiple initiatives already underway.
- Distribute EOS inflation rewards to help communities everywhere create and share value.
- Incubate teams and provide grants to projects that advance the EOS blockchain as well as developers building open-source software on the network.
- Sponsor and advise social impact-driven innovations such as local currency creation projects, basic income tokens, tokenized public services, etc.
- Website: https://liquideos.com/
- Telegram: https://t.me/bancor
- Github: https://github.com/bancorprotocol/contracts
- Details: https://steemit.com/bancor/@bancor-network/announcing-bancor-as-an-eos-block-producer-candidate
EOS New York
EOS New York is mostly a community building project. They host New York EOS meetups every month. They are strong, but probably won’t be one of the 21 main BPs. The reason they made this list is that Dan “The Truth” Larimer, creator of EOS, only follows 14 Twitter pages, and one of those is EOS New York.
They will bring the following to the table:
- Incubating dapp development.
- Reinvesting back into their own network architecture.
- Hosting community meetups.
- Collaborating and coordinating with communities around the world.
“We are for the betterment of global citizens in an effort to create a secure and censor-free internet. We hope that EOS New York will be allowed the privilege to be one of hopefully hundreds of block producers securing the EOS blockchain network. We will work tirelessly to educate the world about EOS, provide direct and indirect value to the network and the token-holder, and collaborate with communities around the world.”
- Website: https://www.eosnewyork.io/
- Telegram: https://t.me/eosnewyorkchat
- Details: https://www.meetup.com/eos-new-york/
From the founder of Bitmain, Antpool is a leading mining platform with many users. They lead the world in hashrate, and supply mining services for nine different cryptos.
What they bring to the EOS community:
- World-class team.
- Node Maintenance Capacility – Antpool maintains more than 2000 servers for various cryptos.
- Industry resources.
- Incubation – Antpool will be dedicated to incubating EOS ecological projects, especially third-party DAPP projects
- Offline promotion campaigns.
- Website: https://www.eosantpool.com/
- Telegram: https://t.me/AntPoolEOSUS
- Details: https://steemit.com/eos/@antpool/eos-antpool-supernode-report
EOSYS is similar to EOS New York. I’m sure they will do the same type things to bring value, such as incubators and community building. Their team looks extremely sharp and technical. There isn’t a lot of information available in English.
They recently hosted a meetup in Seoul with 10 BP candidates including EOS Cannon, EOSPhere and eosONO.
(Founder of ONO speaking at EOSYS meetup may 19, 2018)
Based in Shanghai, China, EOS Gravity is a blockchain ecological community that has gathered a lot of EOS followers. Thy use their expertise in blockchain technology to provide help and encourage participation by providing insightful comments, latest news, as well as professional technical support.
In the future, EOS Gravity will strive to develop EOS community focusing on various aspects including but not limited to value information, technical discussions, offline seminar, summit forums and Dapp ecosystem, all of which lay a solid foundation for the transition to a whole new world
This project caught our eye when we saw it was invested in by INblockchain, the largest crypto whales in China.
Our values: Secure, United, Advanced, and Flourishing.
Our mission: To contribute to the fast developing EOS industry.
Our future prospect: To become the world’s leading EOS community.
- Website: http://eosgravity.com/
- Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/H2D-oUbV0dgaSmidA8FWyw
- Details: https://steemit.com/@eosgravity
SoCal is a group founded in Nov 2017 with a mission of supporting and promoting the successful launch and viability of the EOS.IO software and community, operating out of Southern California. They are privately funded, experienced with node and mining operations, technology design and development and marketing.
They plan on doing three things:
- Educating people on EOS..
- Advancing/perfecting the tech required to run EOS at incredibly fast speeds.
- Incubating DApps
Perhaps one negative to this project is their tiny team of three.
Although its possible SOCAL doesn’t end up one of the 21, it still makes the list because Brendan Bloomer follows them on Twitter. He is, after all, the founder of EOS.
Oracle already had an ICO and has been trading on exchanges for several months. This project could be a huge sleeper because not many know about it, and Oracles have in no way whatsoever been perfected yet. The first to do so will be massive.
“OracleChain needs to meet the demands of the Oracle (oracle machine) ecosystem by efficiently linking blockchain technology services with various real-life scenarios, thereby delving into this immense tens billion dollars valuation market.As a decentralized Oracle technology platform based on the EOS platform, the autonomous Proof-of-Reputation & Deposit mechanism is adopted and used as a fundamental service for other blockchain applications.
Given that OracleChain can accomplish the functions of several prediction market applications, such as Augur and Gnosis, OracleChain can also support smart contract businesses that require high-frequency access to outside data in certain scenarios, such as Robo-Advisor.
OracleChain will nurture and serve those blockchain applications that change the real world. Our mission is to “Link Data, Link World,” with the aim of becoming the infrastructure linking the real world with the blockchain world. By achieving intra-chain and extra-chain data connectivity, we aspire to create a service provisioning platform that can most efficiently gain access to extra-chain data in the future blockchain world.” https://oraclechain.io/index-en
The Oracle Chain team/community are extremely active, as they report on their many partnerships and meet-ups regularly.
- website: https://oraclechain.io/
- whitepaper: https://oraclechain.io/files/oraclechain_white_paper_en.pdf
- Details: https://medium.com/@OracleChain
Founded in 2012, Bitfinex is a digital asset trading platform offering state-of-the-art services for digital currency traders and liquidity providers. They want to leverage the following things to create value for the EOS ecosystem:
- A team of 100+ industry experts.
- Community development, research and collaboration.
- EOS Incubator Bitfinex will take on the role of incubator to fund, nurture and advise teams that are serious about the future of EOS and whose vision aligns with that of the greater community. Our primary goal here is to share from our legal and technical experience, accrued from years of pushing the boundaries of the digital asset space.
- Website: https://www.bitfinex.com/eos
- Telegram: https://www.t.me/bfxtelegram
- Details: http://blog.bitfinex.com/announcements/eos-block-producer-application/
The No. 3 ranked exchange in the world. We all know Houbi. What we don’t know is if Houbi and other projects are allowed to use the tokens they hold to vote themselves in. There is no one source to go to get the definitive answer. It seems like it’s against the EOS constitution to vote for yourself. However, there is no way to currently stop this as far as we know.
It was really hard to find English details on their BP proposal. When pressed, the Telegram mod gave us this link. It’s not translated, but it’s an airdrop, that takes place June 1. Huobi needs to do a better job of providing information to the EOS Community.
EOS receives a lot of criticism for only having 21 block producers. People claim it makes the system too centralized. This is up for debate. What can’t be debated is the amount of effort and value each of these BP candidates must continuously put out in order to get voted and stay voted into power.
How to Vote
The open-sourced, decentralized nature of EOS prevents people like Dan Larimer from doing everything. The community is responsible for launching the voting process, and they have sort of failed up to this point. No doubt, voting will be simplified in the future, but for now it’s complicated.
There are two avenues available for voting: CLI (Command Line Interface) tools, and web portals.
Vote by code here.
LibertyBlock has just released their voting portal. They ask for private keys (this seems sketchy, and not 100% safe).
No other portal is live yet as far as we know.
Featured Iimage courtesy of Shutterstock.