ICO Analysis: Aqua Intelligence
The Facebook-Cambridge Analytica data scandal has revealed that the world’s biggest social network’s millions of users’ personal data were harvested for political reasons. This was not the first scandal revealing user data misused for a corporation’s or a person’s gains. Big data companies are known to track Internet users’ data as closely as possible in order to sell the data later for monetary gain.
However, the actual owner of the data, the end user, rarely benefits from this data monetization. Aqua Intelligence is a platform enabling its users to monetize their data in the form of tokens. The team aims to collect data from their already existing products and other sources in order to build a profile system at an international scale.
As a high amount of data is expected to flow into the platform, human analysis alone will not be sufficient to process it all. The team is looking to enhance the system with artificial intelligence and machine learning, to further improve sales, retention, conversion and customer satisfaction. If the team is able to meet their goals, Aqua Intelligence has a chance to take a shot at one of the world’s biggest industries.
Initially focusing on the hospitality industry where the team is the most experienced, Aqua Intelligence will create a data solution to help businesses improve their revenues with personalized offerings and improved operational efficiency. In return, the platform users will be rewarded with loyalty benefits in return for validating their personal data.
Aqua Intelligence is designed to have three main components.
- Aqua Intelligence is the core component where the data is processed.
- Platform users use Aqua Mobile Application to earn tokens in return for providing and validating data and completing other tasks like surveys and reviews. The application enables them to manage their loyalty points as well.
- It is all thanks to Aqua Revenue Management System that businesses are able to improve their sales numbers and efficiency. By using this component, they will be able to provide personalized offers and special group sales.
AQX tokens will be used to distribute rewards and loyalty points in the Aqua Intelligence platform. The ICO investor should note that until October 6th a bonus of 100% was offered to investors. As of the time of writing, 50% bonus is available for investors until November 5th. Any person considering to invest in Aqua Intelligence should better hurry and make his or her decision before the sale moves to the next stage where only 20% will be offered.
The initial total supply of AQX is 500,000,000 tokens with the following token distribution:
- 5% bounties and airdrops
- 20% team
- 30% platform reserve
- 45% AQUA token sale
The team is planning to use the token sale proceeds as follows.
- 10% legal
- 10% operational expenses
- 20% marketing
- 20% research & editorial
- 40% platform development
CEO Anthony Gelman: Gelman has worked as a housekeeping training manager at Wynn Las Vegas and as a housekeeping manager at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
COO Leon Pashnick: Pashnick was the assistant manager of housekeeping at Wynn Las Vegas.
Okechi Onyeje: Onyeje is a software engineer at Vistaprint.
Rick Hilton: Hilton is the chairman at Hilton & Hyland Real Estate, a real estate company based in Beverly Hills, since 1994.
Chuck Goldman: Goldman, a mentor at MassChallenge, has worked as a senior director at Apple for four years.
Tony Lau: Lau was the vice president of finance at Hughes Network Systems and Lockheed Martin/Astrolink International.
David Norton: Norton is the chairman and chief marketing officer at GALE partners, a marketing and advertising company and a board member at Home Care Assistance. He also has held the chief marketing officer position at Caesars Entertainment Corporation for twelve years and worked as a vice president at Bank of America.
Arthur Iinuma: Iinuma has worked for Citi, Morgan Stanley and UBS Wealth Management.
Below is a breakdown of the risks and growth potential of Aqua Intelligence.
- The AQX token does not have any staking or profit distribution mechanism and has none to very little use case for people who will not use the token except for speculative trading. (-2)
- Early stage investors get a 100% bonus which should discourage later investors from investing in the project. (-1)
- Great advisors with experience at well-known firms, with some of those being in the hospitality industry (the project’s initial focus). (+3)
- The team is planning to initially focus on the hospitality market, where they are experienced. (+3)
Whether one likes or not, personal data is money in this day and age. Aqua Intelligence gives people a chance to monetize their personal data in return for loyalty points and rewards in different forms. The project is backed by great advisors and the team’s initial focus will be the hospitality market where they have a lot of experience. Aqua Intelligence receives a 3/10.
- Type: ERC20 – Utility
- Symbol: AQX
- Platform: Ethereum
- Crowdsale: Unspecified
- Minimum Investment: 0.05 ETH
- Price: $0.18
- Hard Cap: $30,000,000
- Payments Accepted: ETH
- Restricted from Participating: Unspecified
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.