In an attempt to step up efforts to combat cyber crime last week, the super power teamed up with Intel Security and Trend Micro. The National Crime Agency hopes to obtain up-to-the-minute updates regarding cyber crime. The intelligence expansion is another attempt at mass harvesting information.
Security firms have a far greater understanding of the threats in terms of what they see on a day-to-day basis,”Andy Archibald, Head of the UK National Crim Agency’s Cyber Crime Unit said. “They have a massively important part to play in terms of understanding and identifying who and where the threat comes from.
Intel and Trend Micro hope to expose the cyber gangs and the infrastructure they abuse to commit cyber attacks. The collaboration has already lead to the arrest of people in the UK involved in manufacturing malware, money laundering, and hosting services valuable to cyber crime. This type of partnership is becoming common. Europol signed a memorandum of understanding with multiple security companies across the world, Intel, Kaspersky, CCIS being a few.
Also Read: Anti-Virus Less Effective Than Ever
The provided intelligence creates an invaluable map of crime across the United Kingdom. The visibility gives government snoops the ability to target servers or other resources abetting criminals. Beyond computer hardware, the information reveals the types of attacks and the country of origin.
In the past ten months the partnership has returned impressive results. Raj Samani, chief technical officer for Europe Intel Security said,
“We started off with Gameoverzeus and Cryptolocker, we had Blackshades, we had Shylock, we had Ramnit, we had Simda and we just concluded with Beebone,” he said. “There’s more to come.”
Featured image from Shutterstock.
San Bernadino iPhone Case: Major Press Agencies Are Suing the FBI
The Associated Press, Gannett, and VICE Media are suing the FBI to know more details about the agency’s hack of the San Bernadino killer’s iPhone.
Toward Unbreakable Quantum Encryption for Everyone
Hacked recently covered the efforts of the Chinese government to build unbreakable quantum communication networks. According to analysts, quantum communications networks are so expensive that they could have a “recentralizing effect,” enabling states to recover the ground that they have lost to decentralizing digital technologies. But what if ultra-secure quantum cryptography could be made available to everyone at low cost?
The Chinese Quantum Satellite QUESS: Toward Unbreakable Quantum Networks
One year ago Hacked covered the race between the US and China to develop “military super-powers” by harnessing quantum science, and noted that Chinese scientists were developing quantum communication satellites that support unbreakable encryption. A few weeks ago, China launched its first quantum satellite.
- Bitcoin Futures Officially Launch on CBOE
- Bitcoin Plunges $2,000 on Eve of Futures Contract
- Trade Recommendation: Stellar
- Ethereum’s Pullback from Record Territory Co...
- Technical Analysis: Litecoin Continues Surge as Bi...
- Trade Recommendation: Zcash
- Asian Market Update – Monday: Bitcoin surges after...
- Ethereum Flirts With Record Highs as Buterin Compares Crypto Surge to Salvator Mundi Auction December 12, 2017
- Altcoin Investing Strategy as Futures Hit the Market December 12, 2017
- Companies are Lining Up to Launch Bitcoin ETF, According to SEC December 12, 2017
- Technical Analysis: Litecoin Continues Surge as Bitcoin Tests Highs December 11, 2017
- Trade Recommendation: Ride ETN and EW on Breakout December 11, 2017
- Trade Recommendation: Buy BBY, ZNH, CLX, and USCR December 11, 2017
- Power Consumption for Bitcoin Mining Is Now Ranked 61st in the World December 11, 2017
- Trade Recommendation: USDCHF December 11, 2017
- ICO Analysis: Gimmer Token December 11, 2017
- Swiss Banks Join Forces to Launch Ethereum Platform December 11, 2017
A part of CCN
Analysis1 week ago
Long-Term Cryptocurrency Analysis: A Major Top Could Be In
Altcoins1 week ago
IOTA Doing Big Things as Microsoft Partnership Announced
Recommendations4 days ago
Trade Recommendation: Litecoin
Analysis2 days ago
Long-Term Cryptocurrency Analysis: Look Out Below?
Cryptocurrencies1 week ago
Trade Recommendation: Neo
Analysis7 days ago
$100 Litecoin Looks Poised for Greater Upside
Cryptocurrencies1 week ago
Trade Recommendation: Zcash
Cryptocurrencies3 days ago
Trade Recommendation: Stellar