Moirai is a “decentralized” prediction market platform that allows operators to build their own markets, using smart contracts on the Ethereum platform.
A prediction market allows traders to take positions on future events. A few good examples being an election, the price of ETH next month , or who will win the Arthur Ashe award in 2018 (hint. Caitlyn Jenner type) .
(from wikipedia): In 2012, Intrade, one of the 2 leaders in the prediction markets, had more than 50 million monthly page views during the election months.” Apparently they predicted the correct outcome of every state senate contest accept 2. They were starting to get tremendous amounts of attention from the media, when on November 26th, 2012 the Commodity Futures Trade Commission had seen enough, and filed a civil suit in federal court. That was the end of the USA being allowed on Intrade. This stinks, but now its 2017 and smart contracts are revitalizing the Prediction markets. According to Moirai, their platform will be “decentralized”. Meaning, once it is up and running on the eth network, there is no central server to be switched off.
According to their whitepaper, “The global prediction market is expected to reach $37.7 billion by 2023″As you can see, there is plenty of competition already. Moirai claims to be ready . I have a hard time arguing that, they do have a beta (that I enjoyed demoing). I have to add, I’m not sure if the beta is truly live. It’s more like a demo of a beta…
This chart fails to talk about the many disadvantages moirai has.
- There are tons of serious hoax/scam/scallywag allegations against Moirai on bitcoin talk, mostly the last few pages. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2290769.280 It doesn’t look good.
- No transparency. They have a team of like 20 people, but nobody will answer any of my important questions through email or telegram. They edit prior negative interactions on their telegram
- All these new prediction markets face a ton of technological and legal hurdles that moirai seems to gloss/bullshit over.
- See #1 again. These guys are getting outed for being fake as we speak. I will post more info about that below in the risks section.
All wagers on the platform are placed, and cashed out in MOI token. However, according to their whitepaper, “The MOI will be purchased initially by users while using traditional money transfer methods with the Moirai or through existing cryptographic currency like Bitcoins, Ethereum and
Players who want to participate in a prediction will be rewarded their stake for being right, and lose it for being wrong. Apparently providers can run their apps on the MOI platform for a syndication fee. Holders of MOI tokens will be rewarded 15% of the yearly profits, on a quarterly basis.
What initially caught my eye about this ICO is this gorgeous $5 million hard cap. Insanely low compared to its competitors; Stox ($24 mill), Gnosis ($68 mil), and Augur($189 million!)Seems like they could have a lot of room to grow.
Total Supply: 666,000,000 presale price is currently $0.005 which will get you around 58,000 MOI per eth.
This all sounds really great, too great even.
Token allocation: Here’s where it gets weird , yet fits in well with the recent news, cause it looks like a very large amount of the total tokens will be going to the Moirai team.
Moirai plans to sell 600 million of the 666 million tokens (not kidding, 666) during the ICO . The money they get from the sale will be used accordingly : 40% goes to the team, 20%marketing, 10% R&D, 10% legal, 8% compliance/administration, 7% Incentives/ JV, 5% other expenses .
The final 66 million tokens will be for the “development team” , and will be locked up for 12 months. ” This will motivate the Moirai team to achieve success and increase MOI coin value.”
There are so many things to like about Moirai, it’s hard for me to just give up on them. Starting with the token metrics. The tiny 5 million market cap, with 666 million tokens, $0.005 per token, means plenty of room for multiple gains. I am not recommending it though, its way way too risky with these allegations looming.
- This could very possibly be one elaborate hoax. (just telling it how I see it).
- There’s an article they like to promote from themerkle (sponsored content) talking about how Moirai is “to become” one of the first regulated ICOs. note: they have only “submitted applications” so far. I tried to ask them in 3 separate spots if they are regulated yet, no reply.
- When you go to their Reddit page, they have a strange looking Huffpost article talking about how they are being backed by Jeffrey Fidelman.
- With the majority of companies still not exploiting the full potential of the prediction markets, Jeffrey Fidelman, Principal at AI Capital Advisors, New York, with an extensive banking experience at Morgan Stanley and HSBC decided to support a new technology which is bound to change the way we look at the future and lead the way towards a sustainable economy .
However, here’s Mr. Fidelman just a few hours ago on twitter.
A poster by the name of garbonzo607 is absolutely demolishing Moirai on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2290769.300
It’s definitely worth a look, he is using the “s” word, and has a lot of information, similar to what I’ve presented, to back it up. In fact, that bitcointalk thread is filled with substantial allegations of moirai’s dishonesty. Also, one thing I’ve noticed is the devs/moirai spokesmen NEVER defend themselves against the allegations, and they don’t respond to my enquiring emails.
- If they shake off this fud, and clear their name, this has the potential to be a giant. Moirai is tiny compared to every one of its competitors.
- Anyone that wants can build their own app on Moirais platform for a syndication fee, and token holders get 15% of the profits on a quarterly basis.
- Like all these cool new projects, marketing is crucial. This project will only succeed if they can scale quickly.
With a heavy heart, I cannot recommend buying into this ICO. It screams sketchy. I won’t go as far as many social media people have gone by calling this an elaborate hoax, but it does stink really bad . They don’t even try to cover the odor either. If you all want to sacrifice your morals, and risk your hard earned money on this , I cant be mad at you. I can think of several projects just as scammy as this one, that have performed really well in terms of price. I never invested in those, and I wont invest in this. My gut wont let me. 0 out of 10.
The presale is going on right now. Their website says it ends on 11/25 , but the fellas in their telegram group say it ends in 11/10… here’s the link https://ico.moirai.io/
ICO Analysis: Majato
Blockchain and Cannabis are the two fasting growing industries one can think of. And it just so happens that they mesh perfectly with each other. Although laws are slowly changing in jurisdictions where cannabis has become legal, traditional banking for this industry remains sketchy, businesses are being forced to deal in cold hard cash. Therefore, tokenizing the entire industry from seed to sale seems like a no-brainer.
Majato plans to grow and distribute cannabis in countries where it is legal. On top of that, they will have an interactive platform to unite the cannabis market participants.
“The use of blockchain as the core technology will make all stages of production, distribution and even consumption of cannabis products completely transparent and clear for all market participants.”
They will first launch their project in the United States, specifically California. Their main goal is to have a full scale, seed to sale, production company. They will use their funds raised during the presale to fill out legal paperwork, acquire land, and start producing Cannabis.
The 2nd part of this project is the platform, which will bring together the cannabis industry in general and its standalone participants, including scientific and research labs, producers and suppliers of various cannabis products, equipment, seeds, and consumers. This transparent and secure ecosystem will allow streamlining of product sales, and simplified transactions.
One of the key goals of the project is to develop a “Gold Quality Standard” which will validate every product as being produced using the best strains, and high quality growing methods. They talk about the “Gold Quality Standard” in the whitepaper for way too long, revealing their own ignorance about the cannabis industry.
Their ultimate goal is to become the uniform payment instrument for all things cannabis worldwide
According to the whitepaper, the purpose of the MJT token is the following;
- Direct receipt by the MJT Owners of the Product in the form of Final Product or Raw Product in the relevant POS against settlement of the relevant number of the MJT Tokens
- Ordering the Product for delivery via the Platform in those Jurisdictions where it is/would be allowed under the law
- Discounts on third-party products purchased with MJT token in dispensaries
- Use the MJT Token for internal Project purposes and separate matters relating to its implementation (for example, when submitting feedback regarding the quality of the distributed Product).
During the initial stages of sale (i.e. pre-sale and sale) of the MJT token a total number of 60,000,000 MJT Tokens (Project’s hard cap) will be distributed, and the price will be 0,0011 ETH per token during pre-sale and 0,0033 ETH per token during the main sale stage.
Total supply: 60 million (?)
Presale: Dec 20. 10 million MJT token hardcap, 800,000 softcap .0011 ETH per token (currently $0.77) http://majato.io/
ICO sale: Apr 2018. .0033 ETH per token
All unsold tokens will be burned. And all tokens used to buy cannabis products with from Majato, in the future, will also be burned.
This team of eight is a hodge-podge of Russian, American, and German lawyers. At least that’s what it looks like, most of them come from a law background including their Founder and CEO, Mike Tretyak. Tretyak, a journeyman IP lawyer, who has no experience in large-scale cannabis farming. In fact, I went into their telegram and asked if any member on their team has experience with growing cannabis? My question got sidestepped, and when I pushed for an answer, I got called rude. I then asked if anyone on their team has worked together and had success in the past? The moderator told me I was out of line to ask such a personal question.
Although it is still just the presale, the lack of community around this team is extremely concerning. There is very little support on their Telegram and Twitter.
It doesn’t seem like they have what it takes to pull off such a massive project as Majato.
As a lifelong cannaseur, who currently is in Colorado, I feel like I am especially qualified to analyze this ICO.
Although owning a piece of this fast growing cannabis industry is an attractive proposition, this particular project is way too far fetched. The legal hurdles they face in order to accomplish what they are trying to do, are probably insurmountable. That being said, they do have a team filled with lawyers, if they defy logic and get this project successful running, the gains for presale investors could be huge.
There is currently no way to legally ship Cannabis. This doesn’t seem likely to change anytime soon. Therefore, the only MJT token holders that will be able to benefit by trading their tokens for cannabis, are the ones that live within traveling distance of Majato’s imaginary future Cali stores. This leaves very few benefits for token holders
- Pretty sure this project is considered illegal. Having a bunch of contributors to marijuana growing/selling, from different worldwide jurisdictions, can’t be legal… can it? -3
- They have absolutely nothing so far, but a whitepaper. They want to produce and distribute cannabis to the entire world, starting with the jurisdictions which its legal. The problem is, it’s illegal to ship cannabis ANYWHERE. They don’t seem very concerned about this. -5
- As far as I know, nobody on their team has experience with large-scale cannabis farming. In their whitepaper, they break down what they estimate the production costs will be. It looks amateurish and fake. And it’s obvious they have zero clue how this industry works. They have thousands of dollars set aside in their budget for “seeds”, which is hilarious because they don’t know about cloning. Nowadays plants grown on a large scale are clipped and cloned from a mother plant. Seeds are only used for all natural outdoor grows. -3
- A forecast done by Arcview shows the U.S. legal cannabis market will grow by 26% next year, and should hit $21 billion by 2021, $7 bill of that being California alone. This industry will only grow. Majatos roadmap says they will become a full-fledged, cannabis producing company by 2020. Here’s a quick summary of their roadmap +3
Dec 17- Jan 18: presale
Feb 18- Apr 18: Acquir land, obtain licenses/permits, form corporate structure for implementing project
Apr 18-June 18: stage 2 of the MJT token sale.
July 18- May 19: Production of batch 1 of product, establishing distribution channels, Platform R&D
Dec 18-Dec 19: Commencement of offering product to MJT owners
- If they have a successful ICO, and follow through, they will first start production in California. As just stated, Cali is forecasted to have over $7 billion in cannabis sales in 2021. It’s a shame this project isn’t specifically for California. It seems way more doable if they kept their focus on just the one jurisdiction +2
This ambitious project is too early, mostly illegal, and lead by a less than stellar team. One almost wants to call it the “H” word. -4 out of 10
Presale starts December 20th.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock
ICO Analysis: Rentberry
Rentberry is offering a decentralized home rental platform for long-term rentals, allowing for tenants and landlords to complete all rent-related tasks in a single location, while also eliminating the need for third-party middlemen and all.
The Rentberry ICO aims to transform the existing Rentberry platform, which has been around since 2015. The current long-term rental platform manages every step of the rental process, including everything from open houses to rent payments.
Rentberry increases transparency for renters employing an auctioning protocol, where tenants can customize their offers based on the competition and demand for a specific property. The protocol also provides landlords a tenant score that is calculated based on reviews, public information, and rental history.
Rentberry uses the blockchain to deploy their token (BERRY) to the existing Rentberry ecosystem. BERRY is to be used to pay rent and other third party services such as maintenance and housekeeping, as well as allowing roommates to split rent.
Rentberry plans to use the raised funds to fuel their international expansion and development of new features including the tenant scoring system, advanced apartment search algorithms, and crowdsourced community expansion.
Price: 1 ETH = 2,500 BERRY
Accepting: ETH, BTC
Minimum investment: 0.1 ETH / 250 BERRY
Soft cap: 3,000,000 USD
Hard cap: 30,000,000 USD
Rentberry has been around since 2015, and is headquartered in San Francisco, CA.
The CEO, Alex Lubinsky has history as a financial analyst at Cisco, a consultant at Deloitte, and worked at several investment firms.
The CTO, Aleksey Perfilov, studied Computer Science at UC Berkeley, then received a degree in Management Science and Engineering at Stanford. He has experience as a software engineer at Phoenix Technologies, Hi5, Altera, and Amazon Music.
- The Rentberry team has quite a bit of work on their hands when it comes to onboarding new tenants. Their proprietary tenant scoring protocol is likely going to need a bunch of data to actually be effective. Being one of the main selling points for landlords, the tenant scoring system is heavily reliant on tenant adoption, which could pose to be a bottleneck to the process. They’re aiming to process 500,000 rental applications with 1,000,000 rental properties in 2018, and then 3.5m rental applications with 6m rental properties in 2019. -3
- I’m a bit wary of their ICO bonus structure. I understand use of bonuses to push incentivization, but as new investors hear about the ICO moving forward seeing that they’re getting less favorable terms, they’ll be less likely to buy into the platform. The ICO bonus structure is as follows (-2):
- Dec 5 – Dec 19 : 1 ETH = 2,500 BERRY + 33% Bonus
- Dec 20 – Dec 26 : 1 ETH = 2,500 BERRY + 27% Bonus
- Dec 27 – Jan 16 : 1 ETH = 2,500 BERRY + 20% Bonus
- Jan 17 – Jan 30 : 1 ETH = 2,500 BERRY + 13% Bonus
- Jan 31 – Feb 13: 1 ETH = 2,500 BERRY + 7% Bonus
- If you’ve ever rented a place or owned a rental property, you’re likely aware of the headache that comes with each new location or tenant. What I like about Rentberry is that it aims to make the process much smoother. +1
- As someone who lives in New York City, the concept of rental transparency is hazy at best for me. The city is littered with people on leases who happen to be subleasing to other tenants for more money than the lease is worth. Cities like NYC such as San Francisco are all undergoing their own housing crises for whatever reasons, and a lack of transparency in the rental system isn’t helping at all. If Rentberry can change that, it’ll solve a huge issue. +2
- BERRY makes it possible for expats and migrants living in other countries to facilitate the process of renting out their properties. +2
- Rentberry has been around for a few years and has established itself as a relatively successful business. It has over 110,000 users and 180,000 properties. +3
- The company has also raised over $4 million from a handful of VC funds and high-profile investors from 11 countries. +2
- Rentberry also noted that it will use 15% of the token sale proceeds to buy short-term rental properties, and everyone who participates in the ICO is going to become a member of the “Rentberry Club.” Buying physical real estate makes sense for this company and it’s a proactive approach to grow their network of assets. It’s also a pretty cool perk for ICO investors. +2
We arrive at a +7 for Rentberry.
I really like the application of the blockchain here to encourage international property owners to interact with their properties anywhere in the world. Rentberry’s team may be capable of solving several issues in the long-term rental space, and if executed correctly, would make life much easier (and more cost and time effective) for hundreds of thousands of tenants and landlords.
The Rentberry ICO launched on December 5, and will continue until March 1st, 2018.
Check out their website to learn more.
ICO Analysis: Deepbrain Chain
Deepbrain Chain will provide a low-cost, private, flexible, secure, and decentralized artificial intelligence computing platform for artificial intelligence products.
Coming out of China, based on NEO, Deepbrain Chain is an incredibly difficult whitepaper to read. Many concepts are both lost in translation on paper, and in my simple brain.
I came across a Reddit post from a man named crypto_oxford, who does a great job summarizing.
“It is a data computation platform and a Data trading platform that uses distributed spare computing ressources, makes AI computational demands cheaper, protects against data leakage via hacking, secures the seperation of data ownership and usage rights, and secures intellectual property for the data and for the products.”
They figure to reduce the cost of AI by 70% by making it minable on the blockchain. I cannot verify these claims, I am no expert in this field. Here’s a good example possible investors face when trying to learn about this project. It sounds great, but what does it really mean?
“The founding team believes that DeepBrain Chain is a project that has been verified by the market, has huge market scale and significant application value, lets the process and economic value associated, and is gradually issued with the core business sharing storage and the mechanism of computation capacity of mining. Each token corresponds to the computational value of the service provided during its issue, and is a truly valuable asset and digital currency that has already landed. Due to the difficulty of issuing, the value of the flow needed by every new token will increase. The earlier one holds, the more the expected value of the market will be.”
- NEO platform (nep 5 token)
- A max hard cap of $15 million,
- There’s a total supply of 10 billion Deepbrain Chain (DBT) tokens. 50% of these will be mined over time.
- 1.5 billion tokens will be for sale
- 600 million sold during the Presale, which ended 10 days ago, and was almost impossible to get in.
- Token sale stars Dec 15th. You must fill out a KYC form to be eligible. No USA or China allowed
Only 1.5 billion of the total 10 billion tokens will be for sale.
600 million in the presale, and 900 million in the public sale
Use of funds. 55% R&D, 25% marketing, 10% daily operations, 8 % incentives, 2% patent fees
Based in China? The team is doing things. They recently won 1st and 2nd place prizes in Academic Sector & Enterprise of SMP, at the Chinese Man-Machine Dialogue Field Authority Evaluation Contest. This contest had over 30 of Chinas best competing.
Their resume’s check out pretty well. And just look at these faces… JACKPOT!
When it comes to the technical side of this project, I am out of my element. They have a hard cap of $15 million, $6 million of that already came from private investors, one of which being NEO, who funded them $1 million.This gives them serious street cred.
AI data computation, neuro networks, machine learning, all these concepts are no doubt where our world is going. On Deepbrain Chains platform, one can compute and trade data. They have a working platform with more than 1,000 semantic skills.
- This being a Chinese project, on NEO, makes it more susceptible to regulations than other projects. It doesn’t seem likely, but is a risk nonetheless -1
- The token metrics are funny. Only 15% for sale. They have a whitelist for the presale (which may be filled up by the time readers see this.) They didn’t limit the amount people bought during the presale, and won’t for the public sale either. This could lead to whales owning most of the supply. -2
- They are having KYC implementation difficulties with their sale. It has been a huge issue in their telegram the last 24 hours. What looks like is happening, is there is no way to verify what customer is connected to what KYC. This could be an in for investors who currently aren’t signed up for the KYC to buy these tokens. These issues could be a bad sign of things to come.-2
- The Deepbrain whitepaper states; there have been over 5k startups since 2012, collecting over $22 billion. This is without counting the money large existing companies put into ai, which makes the total amount of money over $100 billion. It is certain that this is just the beginning.+4
- NEO partnership. NEO alone has an endless amount of growth potential. They have a large community that gets exdcited and involved with the projects NEO backs. This partnership is worth a lot. +3
- The ICO has a strict KYC rule. This is going to create a tremendous amount of demand for this once it hits exchanges.+2
- This is a $20 billion industry, that is only growing from here on out.+2
The 10 billion supply with only 1.5 billion being sold is scary. However, the rest of the ICO seems to make up for this. 5.8 out of 10
Sale starts Dec 15th, however, you need to fill out the whitelist/KYC app in order to get in. This application is having technical issues which may allow anyone to buy in without previously being KYC whitelisted. It’s worth a shot, but need to hurry!
Sign up here https://www.deepbrainchain.org/pc/kycEnglish.html
Cover image courtesy of Shutterstock.com.
- ICO Analysis: Majato December 17, 2017
- Trade Recommendation: Litecoin December 17, 2017
- Trade Recommendation: IOTA December 17, 2017
- ICO Analysis: Rentberry December 17, 2017
- Trade Recommendation: Ethereum December 16, 2017
- Long-Term Cryptocurrency Analysis: All Majors Stretched as Ripple Finally Breaks-Out December 16, 2017
- Trade Recommendation: OMNI/BTC Range Trade December 16, 2017
- Trade Recommendation: NEM December 16, 2017
- Risks abound with Ethereum and its Application Developers December 16, 2017
- Technical Analysis: Bitcoin Up Again as Altcoins Mixed in Volatile Trading December 15, 2017
A part of CCN
Analysis1 week ago
Long-Term Cryptocurrency Analysis: Look Out Below?
Recommendations1 week ago
Trade Recommendation: Litecoin
Cryptocurrencies1 week ago
Trade Recommendation: Zcash
Cryptocurrencies5 days ago
Trade Recommendation: Bitcoin Cash
Cryptocurrencies1 week ago
Trade Recommendation: Stellar
Cryptocurrencies6 days ago
Trade Recommendation: Stellar
Cryptocurrencies3 days ago
Trade Recommendation: Bitcoin
Cryptocurrencies1 week ago
Trade Recommendation: Ethereum Classic