ICO Analysis: Svandis
Svandis is developing a platform for crypto market participants, providing leading financial research, analytical and visualization tools for anyone actively involved in the cryptocurrency space: short- and long-term traders, analysts, hedge funds, institutional investors, proprietary trading firms, venture capital funds, token sales contributors, and exchanges.
In its essence Svandis is a blockchain-based data hub providing a research and visualization platform to crypto-market participants; prioritizing objectivity, relevance, and speed. All data is available in one place, crowdsourced by the DataMining App and the Research Community – a gamified validation system on the blockchain. Additional features and products will be offered by third-party partners on the Svandis Marketplace to allow for an increasingly customizable
For most advanced traders, the ability to visualize and cross-check varying types of data is a real challenge, simply because the professional tools to do so are not yet developed. As the number of ICOs and token sales increases, there is a real demand for professional services and tools to assist traders and investors in selecting tokens for trading, or finding token sales in which to participate
Svandis is offering an interesting solution to solve this.
The Svandis ecosystem is a collection of powerful tools, analytics, and indicators for professional traders in need of real-time, actionable data and analyses. The Svandis ecosystem aggregates data from a wide range of sources into one place, transforming raw data into reliable and valuable information, and covering professional crypto market participants with up-to-the-minute news and updates filtered by the Svandis research community and analysts through a web-based application
Basically, Svandis is developing a convenient infrastructure for providing users with information, tools, analytics, and indicators of high power and reliability, which will be run by the community.
As Svandis is a data hub. Not only it’s building with platform users in mind – but with the 3rd part as well. Svandis business model is about providing data as a service – real-time (API for Research Community data, newsfeed data, catalysts alert) or on-demand (on-demand database). The user experience is of paramount importance – but the growth of the company will be all about capitalizing on every angle that are in line with our vision – aka being a trustful and accurate data provider in a market filled with opinions, paid rating and other fake approaches.
I think the strongest point Svandis tries to bring lies in the data mining and verification process that is community driven. In order to do this, Svandis envisions the following infrastructure:
Thus basically raw data is provided by all users, which is then verified by Svandis internal team plus certified users.
Most data will be validated by the RC (Research Community) – internal team being pretty much the participants with the higher level (to become an analyst, you have to go through 20 levels – each level having its requirements, so basically allowing to filter participants up to the point we can trust them to act with more ”power” on the platform).
Traders, investors, investment funds and other professional players can pay to get access to Svandis products and SVN token serves as a medium of value and community engagement vehicle.
ICO reviews and listing website could use Svandis RC data, exchanges too. Our customizable on-demand news feed will be spread out a lot (marketing and branding tool).
So basically we can see that the verification process is community driven. That is actually a great use of blockchain and decentralization when a project can involve community itself through incentive to do actions.
In relation to data mining. Svandis will offer users a data-mining functionality by using the cross-platform Data Mining Application. The DataMining App is an open-source crawling application that users can install on their computers to participate in data crowdsourcing. Receiving tasks from the Svandis command server, the Data Mining App will grab website pages and social media content (all with user permission) to enable the analysis of a vast quantity of historical and real-time data.
One can visualize Svandis Data Mining process as:
The token sale information is outlined below:
- HARD CAP – $12,000,000
- TOTAL TOKEN SUPPLY – 400,000,000
- TOKEN FOR PUBLIC CONTRIBUTORS – 60%
- MAXIMUM TOKEN SUPPLY TO THE PUBLIC – 240,000,000
- TOKEN PRICE – $0.05
- 60% Token Sale
- 20% Team
- 10% Advisors and Partners
- 5% Marketing ambassador program
- 5% Acquisition Funds
Use of Proceeds:
- 40% Development and Security
- 30% Analytics Department
- 20% Marketing and Business Development
- 5% Operations
- 5% Legal
From the supply side, tokens will be awarded for data mining and verification to platform Ecosystem uses. From the demand side, every customer who would like to have an access to the products would need either to store and spend Svandis token.
The team has 9 members and 7 listed advisors.
Hermann Finnbjörnsson – CEO and Founder. One of the co-founders of isx.is – the first and only cryptocurrency exchange in Iceland, a KYC-run exchange that connects to the user’s bank account, with all trades conducted in Icelandic króna pairs
Yan Crevier – Strategic Development and Co-founder – Advisor to Latium, Sharebee, and founder of Québec Blockchain non-profit organization.
Iakov Mishchenko – Chief Technology Officer – software engineer with over 10 years’ experience, and founder of the company KAMI Labs, a leading provider of cross-platform product development for both web and mobile.
- Kate Kurbanova – Head of Analytics, Cindicator
- Anastasia Andrianova – Founder/CEO, Akropolis
- Bokky Poobah – smart contract advisor auditor – Bokky is a respected smart contract security auditor, having developed and audited smart contracts for over 20 companies, among them Status, Cindicator, Stox, and others.
- Jason Lee – partner at JSON Capital – a cryptocurrency based hedge fund.
- Nodari Kolmakhidze – Chief Investment Officer, Cindicator
- Cem F. Dagdelen – Advisor, DAO and Token Incentives – founding specialist at Horatii Partner. Svandis Research Community will leverage many beneficial DAO components as a means to increase trust in data and information, autonomy of operation and governance, and economies of scale.
Cindicator – Hybrid Intelligence for Effective Asset Management project. Has 100k analysts on their platform
Json Capital – crypto hedge fund
Credits – blockchain for financial transactions.
Horatii Partners – group of international consultants focused on blockchain advisory and use-case planning.
Svandis in trying to create a much needed product. Although there are several resources for traders and cryptoanalysts, there is no comprehensive, full and easy to use the one-all tool.
- A lot of tokens will be released after the token sale without any corresponding demand for the product itself. -1
- Token economics is there, but without business processes costs and product prices it is hard to determine token appreciation potential. -1
- Big competition from centralized platforms. However, the biggest issue by far with any centralized approach to supposedly verify and offer impartial information review is the ability to purchase a sponsored listing to bypass many necessary vetting processes and procedure. -1
- Hard cap is way too big as per current market. -1
- Svandis is focusing on bringing transparency to the crypto market; protecting cryptocurrency users from deceit in the market. Quite a noble and necessary goal considering how much fraud and not transparency exists in the space. +2
- The project tries to bring a value of decentralization in the space again. +1
- Business model is clear – sources of income:
1) Subscription to analytics products (including both “pay-to-go” and “hold-to-go” models) – B2B & B2C;
2) Sponsored advertisements from businesses/entities who want to present themselves to our audience (all ads will be marked as an advertisement; we will never sell a paid rating or a similar schematic) – B2B;
3) 3rd Party Marketplace +2
- Partnership with Cindicator. Cindicator will become the first client of Svandis, integrating the Svandis data and features into their platforms and solutions for investors and market forecasters. Such product integration will help to catch Cindicator’s 110,000+ analysts audience, as well as more than 15,000 clients – and this will act as a springboard for our product and overall visibility and traffic. +2
- The team is rather experienced in software development and business. +1
- Roadmap looks realistic and adoption will be soon. +1
Svandis is building an interesting community driven product. The team has experience and the product is not that hard to actually execute. However, there is a big competition in the space from traditional platforms in the long-term. From short-term, project has a big hard caps for such kind of project, small hype and tokens without any lock-up, which could result in a bad short-term performance. 5 out of 10
- Type: Utility
- Symbol: SVN
- Platform: ETH
- Crowdsale: TBA
- Minimum Investment: TBA
- Price: 0.05
- Hard Cap: $12 million USD
- Payments Accepted: ETH
- Restrictions Barred from Participating: U.S.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.