ICO Analysis: SpryOne
The loyalty market is a growing field, one that is expected to reach more than $4 billion in 2020.
Loyalty programs are one of the most used loyalty tools in the digital century.
One of the problems that loyalty programs have today is that they center on one type of program. SpryOne wants to create an ecosystem where users can intertrade their loyalty points between different programs for desired reward.
From a user perspective, it is a platform in a form of an app that will allow users to manage all loyalty programs. Users get the following benefits:
- One app for all loyalty programs
- Easy to use
- Possibility to exchange loyalty points with other users
- Easy to get access to the best offers
- Fast and convenient point redemption
From a business perspective, a business can sign up for the loyalty platform directly through SpryOne or one of our partners. The registration process itself takes a few minutes and if the business takes advantage of a pre-integration they could be fully live in under 30 minutes. The SpryOne loyalty product acts an extension to existing loyalty programs and will allow retailers to integrate easily.
Ease of integration:
- Point of Sale Plugins (Square, LightSpeed, ShopKeep, etc.)
- E-commerce Plugins (Shopify, Big Commerce, Magento, etc.)
- Integration Partners (Consultants)
- Customer facing SpryOne Check-In App (usually located next to register)
- REST API/SDK
Points are pegged to USD ratio to allow an easier exchange.
Business can implement various redemption options such as gift cards, vouchers, etc.
There are different modules that can be built on the platform:
- Buy Now Button – Allows your customers to buy items directly from their profile pages.
- Surveys – Presents the customers different surveys which they can earn points from.
- In-Store Beacons – Capability to track and notify in-store customers when they are located near a sale.
Another important aspect is data collection, which can be served as an important source of data for marketing purposes (provided that users consent is given).
The SPRY token is the main payment unit within the SpryOne app. For a business to use the loyalty platform they must maintain an active balance of SPRY tokens as it provides access and keeps their account in an active status. The balance itself is used towards usage, tolls and gas within the platform.
GAS covers the cost of the blockchain. TOLLS are fees that system integrators, plugin developers and other partners set to earn SPRY tokens from the connections, modules and additional features they build on top of the platform. USAGE is the usage fee that SpryOne collects to cover operational costs.
Important to note: SPRY tokens are not loyalty points. SPRY tokens gives retailers access to the loyalty platform.
SPRY tokens are based on the ERC20 protocol and the SpryOne app will be launched on the QuarkChain blockchain running on QuarkChain’s compatible EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine). SpryOne will convert over to QuarkChain’s mainnet once its available.
SPRY token allocation:
- 35% 350M SPRY tokens offered (token sale)
- 10% 100M Community and Foundation
- 12% 120M Marketing and Legal
- 18% 180M Reserved for team and founders (12-month lock, 6-month vesting)
- 25% 250M Growth fund, liquidity for product, partners, advisors (3-month lockup)
Use of funds:
- 35% Marketing
- 40% Product Development
- 20% Operational Costs
- 5% Legal
The leadership team is presented below.
Jason Futch – Cofounder
- Chief Software Architect / Partner at enVista (medium size company that offers consulting and software solutions firm enabling enterprise commerce for the world’s leading manufacturers, distributors and omni-channel retailers).
- Has created several companies, which were successfully acquired ( Retail Point, Terrific Pets, Rapidlistings).
Christopher Cantella – Head of business development
- Founded several no-name startups.
- He was a director of merchant services at enVista
Kent Hamilton – Cofounder
- Lead UI at AT&T – Developed a marketing budget web application for AT&T which is used to track expenditures of marketing campaigns.
- ICO strategic marketing Advisor for Solve Care.
- Kevin has launched over 20 businesses that have grown to over $100 million in sales each, has been involved in more than a dozen public companies, and has launched over 500 products generating more than $5 billion in sales worldwide with iconic brands and celebrities such as Jack Lalanne, Tony Little, George Foreman, and the new I-Grow hair restoration product on QVC.
- Inc. 500 Entrepreneur. Founder of one of the Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America. #7 Marketing Influencer on Forbes. #4 Most Influential Business Journalist. Top 10 Digital Marketer. Blockchain Influencer of the Year 2018.
Please see both strong and weak points of investment below.
- There is big competition if the field from off-chain solutions like Comarch, so it is hard to know how it will bet against competitors. -1
- Tokens in circulation would produce quite a big supply side in circulation, which may result in a price drop. -1
- Low hype for the project. -1
- Overall valuation is rather high for such a project (around $28 million). -0.5
- The idea of a marketplace for loyalty points that is easy to use for users and businesses is rather unique and offer innovation in the space. +3
- Building on a Quarkchain means faster transactions and lower fees than Ethereum as well as getting support from Quarkchain community. +1
- Clear and understandable business case. +2
- The product itself is not that hard to develop from the tech standpoint, which will lower risk. +1
- Blockchain allows ensuring trust between platform participants. +1
- The roadmap is rather fast (platform will launch in December 2019). +0.5
- The team is average, but they have relevant experience in the product development both from the tech side and business side. Both founders have interacted with various merchants and marketing campaigns, so they understand how loyalty points platform can solve the relevant problem for the stakeholders. +1
The project deserves interest, although its evaluation is overstated. The idea itself carries advantages and can get its share of the market. The product is fairly easy to implement and you can expect to get started soon. The team has the necessary experience to achieve the development goals of the project. As such, it can be considered for long-term investment. The overall rating is 6 out 10.
- Type: Utility (ERC20)
- Symbol: SPRY
- Platform: QuarkChain
- Crowdsale: TBA
- Total Tokens: 1,000,000,000
- Tokens for Sale in ICO: 350,000,000 (35%)
- Price: $0.04 USD
- Private Sale: 35% discount (3-month lockup on bonus tokens)
- Hard Cap: $9,100,000
- Payments Accepted: ETH, BTC
- Countries Restricted from Participating: USA
General details :
Join Tokensale Whitelist: Whitelist signup (35% token discount)
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.