ICO Analysis: Pigzbe
London’s maiden cryptocurrency sculpture has been unveiled alongside the River Thames, reflecting a baby in a mother’s womb holding a tablet. Italian sculptor Frederico Clapis is behind the design and was commissioned by cryptocurrency wallet Eidoo.
“The baby in the statue represents a generation being born into a world where blockchain is normal and useful for all,” according to Clapis in reports.
Eidoo isn’t the only digital wallet looking to capture the new generation for cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. A startup dubbed Pigzbe has developed what they describe as a “piggy-wallet” which is a physical/digital hybrid ecosystem designed for children and households earning and saving funds in the 21st century. The physical end of the product is a cryptocurrency hard wallet for storing digital currencies, while the digital aspect is comprised of a decentralized app for games that kids can play on their tablet to encourage saving.
The Pigzbe ecosystem is comprised of the following components: 1.) Wollo token; 2.) a cold-storage device and gaming controller; 3.) wallet app and educational game; 4.) Wollo card akin to a debit card for spending online and offline — in development. Pigzbe says they’re targeting hundreds of millions of children with $15 worth of weekly “pocket money”, seemingly through an allowance.
Kids and families alike will gain exposure to a decentralized financial system in which they can transfer funds quickly and cheaply within a network on the blockchain-fueled platform.
Most ICOs use the Ethereum network, but Pigzbe takes a different tack, opting instead for Stellar. The white paper states: ” A single transaction costs 1/100,000 of one Stellar Lumen (XLM) in network fees. Wollo transfers between one family member and another are settled within 3 to 5 seconds, regardless of where you are in the world.”
Pigzbe is fueled by the Stellar-based Wollo token, which the startup describes as a “Swiss-based utility token.” Nearly three-quarters of the fixed token supply will be earmarked for the public, including an “active user incentive pool.” The company will also set aside a percentage for growth including an M&A pool, among others, illustrated below.
The management team boasts more than 150 years of combined experience across education products. Filippo Yacob, founder and CEO, is a Forbes 30-under-30 entrepreneur who also founded Primo Toys and coding toy Cubetto, which received accolades from Montessori.
Pigzbe also boasts a team of advisors and investors, including Natale Ferrara, who is at the helm of ICO-Engine and Eidoo — the company behind the London cryptocurrency sculpture.
Pigzbe is an ambitious project, as evidenced by its plans to replace the traditional piggy bank, but it’s also a promising one. Consider its ability to secure an early listing on leading cryptocurrency exchange Bitfinex, this project appears to have the wind at its back. Traders are likely to find liquidity in the Wollo token.
It’s disappointing that the Wollo token won’t be issued in the United States, as American children could benefit from financial learning and tools, but Pigzbe must be looking to avoid having the coin designated and regulated as a security. But given its mission to educate children about saving and spending in a hands-on way, the project is sure to strike a chord with families who are keen on decentralization and the blockchain around the world.
Even if it doesn’t replace the piggy bank — which Pigzbe believes it should — the Wollo token could be used as an educational and fun tool for kids to learn about digital money. Familiarizing them with the blockchain and decentralization will introduce a whole new way of transacting that wasn’t available to previous generations. The cold storage is a nice touch that will teach kids early on that they need to secure their digital funds.
- One of the components of the Pigzbe ecosystem remains in development — the Wollo card for spending online and offline. While it’s only one of several moving parts to the Pigzbe project, we like to see completion. Any products that are dependent on the results of the token sale for the development add risk. -1
- Cryptocurrencies haven’t officially made their way into the mainstream. Without regulation, the industry is still deemed risky by governments around the world, and therefore households may be reluctant to participate in a project that is built around the blockchain and cryptocurrencies, especially as it pertains to their children or a major life milestone like saving for college. -1.75
- Numbers don’t lie. Pigzbie boasts more than 20,500 Telegram members; 8,100-plus followers on Twitter; nearly 5,000 Facebook followers; nearly 2,600 subscribers. +2.5
- Liquidity. In addition to Bitfinex, Wollo has also secured a listing on the Stellar Decentralized Exchange. +3
- As the winner of an ICO race in Switzerland, Pigzbe was awarded most of a $1 million award in addition to the Bitfinex exchange listing. +2
- A seasoned management team in education tech and electronics that combined has “shipped millions of products across more than 180 countries.” Founding members boast project experience with technology leaders including Apple, Google, Nokia, IBM and more. This kind of experience is hard to replicate at a startup. +3
Based on the above analysis, we reach a score of 7.25 out of 10 for the Pigzbe ICO.
- Pigzbe Website: https://www.pigzbe.com
- Token Type: Utility
- Platform: Stellar
- Symbol: WLO
- Pre-ICO: Private until late June 2018. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Crowdsale: July 4, 2018 12:00 GMT. Whitelisting will be open shortly. Check the Wollo Telegram channel for updates.
- Token Supply: 675 million
- Tokens Available for Sale: 175 million
- Price: 1 Wollo token = USD 0.12 and the equivalent in ETH
- Public Sale Minimum Purchase: 1,000 Wollo
- Payment Methods: ETH
- Jurisdictions Banned: U.S. and China
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.