ICO Analysis: HiNounou
Studies conducted by the United Nations estimate that the number of people over 60 will be doubled by 2050 and it is reasonably expected that this will give rise to important social and economic changes. Yet it is at best arguable that the current ways of senior care and standard insurance policies are ready for such an impactful occurrence. The present approach of curing elders only after a medical condition occurs, not preventing them in the first place is another crucial problem for senior healthcare which is in need of an immediate solution. HiNounou takes this first step by proposing a solution based on artificial intelligence and healthcare technologies.
HiNounou provides three key products to increase seniors’ life quality and health at home:
- The Home Wellness Kit: The kit contains a DNA genome testing kit, a senior-friendly smartphone, a blood pressure monitor, a fingertip oximeter and a connected scale. By using this kit, seniors’ health will be monitored and shared with acquaintances they choose in real time. This will give seniors a chance to identify and prevent diseases and medical conditions before it is too late while providing advice to improve their lifestyles. Insurance companies will have more accurate information on the person’s health which should enable them to build customized insurance policies. The team is currently also working on a Companion Robot.
- Dedicated underwriting insurance and teleconsultation hotline: PingAn, a Chinese insurance company, will provide such insurance policies to seniors and AXA will have a consultation hotline available 24/7.
- Nounou Tokens: Seniors will be incentivized to improve their health and life quality by token rewards.
Although the project already has tangible products such as the Home Wellness Kit with many items, since the target audience is seniors and their acquaintances, the non-speculative demand should not be expected to soar. The ICO investor should note also that platforms with non-stable reward tokens historically tend not to yield a high return on investment, though the project seems both in goals and the structure quite similar to WaBi, a project which provided over a hundred times profit at it’s all times high.
Nounou tokens will be used to reward seniors who improve their lifestyle and health, tracked by several tools such as the Home Wellness Kit. These points can be redeemed with their partners’ marketplaces including but not restricted to AXA and WaBi.
The initial total supply of Nounou tokens is 200,000,000 tokens with the following token distribution:
- 60% token sale
- 20% consumer marketing
- 10% company reserve
- 10% team
No information is made public on how the team is planning to use the token sale proceeds as of September 22nd.
CEO Charles Bark: Bark has been working on IoT Robotics for more than five years, aiming to improve elderly care. He is also a Ph.D. candidate at Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard.
Frank Desvignes: Desvignes is the founder and the CEO of AXA Lab Asia, an insurance company.
Laetitia Daufenbach: Daufenbach has been working at Sodexo since 2006 and is the current head of strategic planning and projects at Global Seniors division.
Alexander Busarov: Prior to co-founding WaLiMai and then WaBi, Busarov was a consultant at McKinsey & Company.
Yaroslav Belinskiy: Belinskiy is the co-founder at WaLiMai and WaBi.
Anne Queneday: Queneday is a partner at Baker McKenzie China, a multinational law firm.
AXA: AXA, one of the world’s biggest insurance companies, enables seniors to have a hotline and teleconsultation service they can reach whenever they would like to.
PingAn: Thanks to the partnership with PingAn, seniors using HiNounou will have access to dedicated, no underwriting insurances.
Below is a breakdown of the risks and growth potential of HiNounou.
- Projects with non-stable reward tokens historically tend not to yield good returns on investment. (-1.5)
- Although the team is looking to expand its reach in the near future, at the moment the project is available only in a few countries and the target audience is quite narrow. (-2.5)
- Thanks to its great advisors and partnerships, it should not be hard to break into the Chinese market. (+4)
- Tangible products such as Home Wellness Kits are already available. (+4)
As the senior population is expected to double by 2050, senior health care and insurance will get more and more important in the future.By proposing three key products which of that Home Wellness Kits are the most crucial, HiNounou aims to monitor and improve seniors’ health and lifestyle while incentivizing them with token rewards. The project has made quite good progress as these products already have hit the market and the non-speculative target audience, specifically seniors and their acquaintances, is extremely narrow. This usually implies a low buying pressure, yet the potential investor should note that partnerships with WaBi, AXA, and PingAn should make it easy to break into the Chinese market and the team is already looking to expand its reach. HiNounou receives a 4/10.
- Type: ERC20 – Utility
- Symbol: Unspecified
- Platform: Ethereum
- Crowdsale: Unspecified
- Minimum Investment: Unspecified
- Price: $0.10
- Hard Cap: $10,000,000
- Payments Accepted: ETH, BTC
- Restricted from Participating: China, United States
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.