My CFD Journey: 72,000 USD Up Today
Wow the indexes are falling globally now. Dax is down with 1% today – same as Dow Jones. I would love to do a short call on these indexes, but that have seriously hurt my financial standings previously since we still are in a “bull” market with earnings reports beating forecasts and macroeconomic numbers excelling analysts viewpoints. I only want to trade by using trend following, so even if the markets are down, I love to do short buy calls as they most likely will rebound to new ATH (all time highs). The reason for just doing short buy calls is that we might be on the tipping point to a bearish market, but that’s something I would like confirmation on from e.g. macro numbers, earning reports and such. Until then, I’m quick in and out.
Here is my results
|Order||Entry Price||Take Profit||Stop Loss||USD||Bank Roll USD||% Change|
|Day 1||25.01.2018||Dax||Buy||13268||13274||13262||6 472,52||264 537,03||2,51|
|Day 2||26.01.2018||Dax||Sell||13342||13318||13392||7 642,84||272 179,87||5,47|
|Day 3||29.01.2018||Dax||Buy||13331||13336||13313||12 508,39||284 688,26||10,32|
|Day 4||30.01.2018||Dax||Buy||13226||13233||13176||6 625,94||291 314,19||12,88|
|Day 5||31.01.2018||Dax||Buy||13217||13230||13187||26 474,06||317 788,26||23,14|
|Day 5||01.02.2018||Dax||Sell||13291||13265||13327||10 834,58||328 622,84||27,34|
|Day 6||02.02.2018||Dax||Buy||12797||12825||12772||72 314,97||400 937,81||55,36|
As I wrote yesterday, I’m using IG.com to trade CFDs. They got a tool called ProRealTime that I started to use yesterday. It’s a great tool with many more indicators and tools, and best of all, you get a good look at your stats. Here is my stats so far on ProRealTime in NOK (1 USD = 7.65 NOK – click on the images to get a larger view):
As you can see from the image above, I got 8 winning trades and 1 losing trade. I tried to buy the dip on Dax but managed to enter a bit too early. The Dax index fell quite rapidly after I initiated this trade and I wanted to keep it open as long as possible as I knew a rebound would happen. But I was not comfortable enough to sit it through so I closed it. Still feeling certain that the price would rebound I entered a buy position yet again at what I thought would be the lowest low. And thankfully, that worked and it rebounded above my initial entry point for the first trade. To ensure that I got the profits I wanted, I did a third trade buying Dax when RSI showed a trend reversal (rose above 50). I closed the trades once I was happy with the profits and because I became nervous that the price would turn back down. Then I initiated the last trade of the day going long on Dax yet again.
Here is the total overview of my trades today:
I would again like to highlight that trading CFD is very risky, and I’m still significantly down in total these last 3 years.
My trading rules
- Only risk max 2% of my bank roll per trade.
- Have 0 active positions during the night (first of all, I lose sleep, second; you are charged an interest fee for leaving a leveraged product overnight.)
- Always trade on last month’s trend including the previous day(s). If they do not correlate, I will not trade.
- If one position is lost, I’ll double the amount (martingale) and do a second trade. I’ll only stop doubling after 3 consecutive losses.
- Do not think about lost trade opportunities.
- Markets to trade: Dax & Dow (minimum spread).
- Stay updated on economic releases prior to entering a trade.
- Do not have emotional ties to the money. I like to call them “points”.
- Only enter a position when an asset is overbought or oversold shown by both RSI & Stoch at the same time.
- Always write down your trades and elaborate what went right or wrong.
What is the meaning of this?
Why I’m I writing all these posts? My main goal is to find a working strategy trading CFDs and be able to mentor Hacked.com members and do live sessions together. However, I would like to keep going for at least one month until I feel comfortable that the strategy I have, actually works. I would rather lose my own money, than lose any of yours.
I wish you all a great weekend. We are going to visit our family this weekend and have a nice time.