AirSwap: Decentralized Exchanges are Taking Over
AirSwap is a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange allowing users to trade ERC20 tokens. Some other exchanges are more centralized and therefore susceptible to security issues, and possible network failure. AirSwap facilitates transactions via a smart contract moderates every transaction, therefore, eliminating many risks associated with other exchanges.
When using AirSwap to trade tokens they are swapped immediately between the parties. At no time does a third party have access to either the seller’s or buyer’s funds, making AirSwap a true peer-to-peer network.
AirSwap also allows its users to build storefronts, marketplaces and auctions on its decentralized network. Because of this factor, users can construct business and commerce models on the blockchain. Online companies can allow their customers to facilitate payments via a smart contract without the need for a centralized authority, like a bank.
If you look at the current chart, you will see that a couple of things are happening. First, a descending wedge has formed, which is a bullish sign. Also, a horizontal flag has formed keeping AirSwap bouncing off of past resistance levels. Watch over the next few days to see which way the trend breaks out of the triangle. The 24-hour volume has increased over the past few days with prices maintaining high levels. This is a bullish sign.
AirSwap offers several advantages, including the following:
- Security: Eliminates the middleman of the centralized exchange. AirSwap wants transactions to happen directly from wallet to wallet. This kind of transfer ensures that no third parties are in control of your assets.
- Privacy: In a decentralized exchange, two parties interact with each other with no intermediary. Negotiations happen privately off-chain.
- Fair: Transactions are only between the two parties in the negotiation eliminating front-running and ensures that no third party has knowledge of the ongoing negotiation and cannot take advantage. Therefore, prices are comparable or even better than what one would expect on a regular exchange.
Based on the above advantages, AirSwap:
- Eliminates the need for personal information or other KYC processes.
- Eliminates deposit and withdrawal fees.
- Gives investors full control of his/her assets.
- Gives option for ERC-20 trading pairs (i.e. POWR/QSP, REQ/ZRX, DRGN/SALT, etc.)
AirSwap allows users to trade Ethereum tokens without the risk of hacks or paying exchange fees through a global network.
An extensive team that comes from working with major companies such as Google, Zynga, Zappos, and Spotify.
On January 12, the platform announced the release of its token trading mobile app, which is also now in beta.
AirSwap was recently selected as a top 10 semi-finalist for the CES 2018 Extreme Tech Challenge, a high profile startup competition, resulting in AirSwap being invited to Necker Island for a one-on-one dinner with Richard Branson. Goldman Sachs selected AirSwap to represent decentralized exchanges at their Investor Conference. Goldman Sachs Group Inc. is setting up a trading desk to make markets in digital currencies such as bitcoin and aims to get the business running by the end of June.
Clearly, there are many reasons to be bullish on AirSwap. Traders monitoring the burgeoning altcoin universe might want to pay attention to AST, which is currently ranked 123rd among active cryptocurrencies in terms of market cap.
AirSwap (AST) Key Metrics
- Price: $1.22 USD (-4.41%); 0.00010500 BTC (-6.19%); 0.00101881 ETH (-12.95%)
- Market Cap: $183,616,500 USD
- 24/hr Volume: $19,517,900 USD
- Circulating Supply: 150,000,000 AST
- Total Supply: 500,000,000 AST
- Exchanges: Binance, Liqui, OKEx, Huoi, EtherDelta
Disclaimer: Analyst is not currently invested in AirSwap.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.