5 things NASA Could Announce On Monday
NASA will reveal a “major science finding”on Monday as part of its ongoing Mars missions. A special news conference takes place 11:30am EDT Monday, and is available live on NASA TV. Have questions? #AskNASA could get your inquiries answered on social media.
Jim Green, director of planetary science at NASA Headquarters; Michael Meyer, lead scientist for mars Exploration Porgram at NASA Headquarters; and graduate student Lujendra Ojha of the Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta are some of those expected to take part in the conference.
— NASA (@NASA) September 26, 2015
NASA held a similar conference in July to announce the discovery of Kepler-452b, the most Earth-like planet found outside of our Solar System. So what are they going to announce? Hacked has five ideas. We’ll start with what’s most likely: water.
- Water – NASA could announce it discovered water (possibly flowing) on Mars. Of the scientists presenting on Monday, most are geologists. Lujendra Ojha, Georgia Institute of Technology, is a geophysicist. People point towards this as evidence that NASA won’t announce the discovery of alien life.
- Tom Delonge is a martian – As Hacked has covered, former Blink-182 guitarist Tom Delonge has stated that he and NASA are working together on big things. Perhaps NASA is about to announce that Delonge is, in fact, a martian?
- NASA found Matt Damon – Many people are speculating that Matt Damon has been found on mars. The news stems from Damon’s recent movie, The Martian, where, during a space mission, Damon is abandoned on mars.
- NASA is building a strip mall – A strip mall will be built on mars featuring an assortment of retail stores and food outlets.
- Alien life – While it seems unlikely, NASA could always announce they found an alien or at least fossils.
Featured image from Shutterstock.